Terms and Conditions
Leadership Development Programme Terms and Conditions
1.1 In these Terms and Conditions, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions shall have the following meanings:
- Agreement: these Terms and Conditions and the completed Online Booking Process.
- Business Day: a day other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday in Scotland, when banks in Scotland are open for business.
- The Company: Refers to STEP Scotland who is responsible for providing the Training.
- Charges: the charges payable by the Customer for the Training in accordance with clause 6 (Charges and payment).
- Delegate(s): an individual or representative scheduled by the Customer to attend the Training.
- Customer: the person or firm who purchases the Training The Company.
- Customer Data: the data provided by the Customer for the purpose of facilitating the Training.
- Online Booking Process: The booking process is available through Eventbrite and the following websites or its links: stephr.co.uk
- Training: the training to be supplied by The Company to the Customer as described as part of the Online Booking Process.
- Trainer: the trainers acting on behalf of the Company.
- Training Materials: any materials or documents provided by The Company or its representatives as part of the Training.
- A reference to a statute or statutory provision is a reference to it as amended or re-enacted. A reference to a statute or statutory provision includes all subordinate legislation made under that statute or statutory provision.
- These Terms
2.1 These Terms and Conditions shall come into effect when the Customer completes the Online Booking Process.
- Course Booking and Registration
3.1 To register for Training you are required to complete an Online Booking Process.
3.3 By completing the Online Booking Process for Training, you have confirmed that you have read and understood these Terms and Conditions.
- Charges, Payment and Discounts
4.1 We require full payment for registration for Training as part of the Online Booking Process.
4.2 Charges and Payments are calculated on a per Delegate basis.
4.3 Failure by the Customer to pay any Charges when they fall due may (at BSI’s discretion) result in:
- The Delegates’ place on the Training being withdrawn;
- The Company ceasing to provide the Training; and/or
- The Company withholding any certification due to the Delegates from the Training.
4.5 All sums payable to The Company under this agreement and as outlined as part of the Online Booking Process:
- are inclusive of VAT
- shall be paid in full without any set-off, counterclaim, deduction or withholding (other than any deduction or withholding of tax as required by law).
4.6 Notice of new pricing will be given in advance, but the Company reserves the right to change prices listed without notice.
4.7 Discounts may be available on Training courses. The discount is not available in conjunction with any other offer and places are subject to availability. Discounts will be provided as a promotional code to be used as part of the Online Booking Process as the discount cannot be applied retrospectively.
4.8 We cannot invoice for fees, or accept payment, by instalments.
- Photography and audio recording
5.1 Please note that Training may be photographed or recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by Company.
5.2 If you object to appearing in the photographs, please let the Trainer know. Alternatively, you can email marketing@stepscotland expressing your wish to not be included in any such materials.
- Trainers’ views
6.1 We welcome a wide range and diversity of views but opinions offered by Trainers do not necessarily reflect the views of The Company.
6.2 The Company takes no responsibility for all content that is presented as the Trainer’s own IP, work, or content, that fails to correctly identify and reference the source.
7.1 Cancellation by us
The Company reserves the right to modify or cancel any Training if unforeseen circumstances arise. The Company reserves the right to cancel Training at any time, without incurring additional liability to the Customer or any Delegates. In such circumstances, The Company will offer (at its sole discretion) alternative dates, a full refund, or a credit note.
7.2 Cancellation by you
All cancellations must be made in writing to email@example.com or requested through EventBrite and are subject to this Agreement.
- Cancellations received up to seven Business Days before the training start date will be entitled to a full refund if paid in advance and no cancellation fee will apply.
- Cancellations received seven to five Business Days before the training start date will be entitled to a 50% refund if paid in advance and no cancellation fee will apply.
- Cancellations received with less than five Business Days notice will be subject to full charges.
7.3 Training may only be cancelled by the Customer or Delegate. If a Customer or Delegates fail to attend all or part of any Training, no refund will be made.
7.4 If a refund is approved by the Company, it will be made through the original mode of payment only via the Online Booking Process.
- Supply of Training
8.1 The Company shall use reasonable endeavours to supply the Training to the Customer in accordance with these Terms and Conditions in all material respects but reserves the right to change the course content of any Training Course at any time and without notice.
8.2 The Company shall use reasonable endeavours to meet any specified training dates, but any such dates shall be anticipated dates only and may be subject to alteration.
8.3 The Company reserves the right to amend the Agreement if necessary to comply with any applicable law or regulatory requirement, or if the amendment will not materially affect the nature or quality of the Training, and The Company shall notify the Customer in any such event.
8.4 Notwithstanding the above sub-clauses, The Company reserves the right to cancel Training at any time, without incurring additional liability to the Customer or any Delegates. In such circumstances, The Company will offer (at its sole discretion) alternative dates, a full refund, or a credit note.
- Customer’s Obligations
9.1 The Customer shall:
- co-operate with The Company in all matters relating to the Training;
- provide The Company, its employees, agents, consultants and subcontractors, with any information which may reasonably be required by The Company in the organisation of the Training, including, but not limited to, details in respect of the Delegate(s) and ensure that such information is complete and accurate in all material respects.
- Personal Data
- Limitation of liability
11.1 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits any liability which cannot legally be limited, including, but not limited to, liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; and
11.2 The Company shall not be liable whether in tort (including for negligence or breach of statutory duty), contract, misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise for any loss of profits, loss of business, loss of income, depletion of goodwill and/or similar losses or loss or corruption of data or information, or pure economic loss, or for any special, indirect or consequential loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses however arising;
11.3 The Company’s total aggregate liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise, arising in connection with the Agreement shall be limited to the total Charges paid for the Training.
11.4 This clause 12 shall survive termination of the Agreement.
Speak to us
Have a question? Great. We are here to help.
Contact us and we will get back to you within 24 hours.